Controls Engineer/Senior Controls Engineer
All experience levels and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants with 5+ years of experience will be considered for the Senior level designation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Development of control documentation, instrument specifications, and electrical control systems for Industrial facilities
- Coordination of hardware selection, control panel layout drawings, wiring diagrams, and programming support for PLC and HMI applications
- Direction of activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Coordination of operation, maintenance, and repair of control equipment and control systems in field installations
- Customer Startup Assistance, on-site troubleshooting, and commissioning work
- Management of multiple concurrent projects
- Independent Development of PLC and HMI Programming, from concept to implementation, in a variety of HMI and PLC Control software environments
- Experience and familiarity with MCCs, VFDs, PLCs, control system documentation, control panel design support, and process instrumentation
- PLC/HMI Programming Experience (Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagrams, HMI Screen design)
- Field commissioning/troubleshooting experience with the Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley product families (Studio5000, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, PowerFlex VFDs)
- Power/Chemical Plant Electrical Engineering experience
- AutoCAD electrical experience is preferred, but the ability to adapt and learn new software independently will also be considered in lieu of AutoCAD electrical experience.
- Possess a strong passion for Automation, including the desire to learn and develop programming in a variety of HMI and PLC Programming platforms (Ignition, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, Studio5000 Logix Designer, Opto22 PAC Controls, SIEMENS control platforms)
- B.S. Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Associates/Technical degree is also acceptable
- Military and/or Industry electrical experience will also be considered, in lieu of a technical degree
We offer competitive salaries with the opportunity for additional work incentives. Employees get paid vacation time, paid holidays, and a paid insurance benefits package. We also offer a 401K with employee matching.