Senior Mechanical Engineer
The employee researches, plans, and designs mechanical systems, and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical products and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates client-supplied information, such as customer procurement specifications, scope of work statements, and Requests for Quotations (RFQ), and determines feasibility of design or application
- Performs mechanical design calculations
- Designs industrial process systems involving equipment such as pumps, piping, heat exchangers, boilers, tanks, pressure safety devices, etc
- Writes equipment and mechanical services specifications
- Develops process designs for use in Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID)
- Coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to improve costs and/or safety
- Communicates with customers, contractors, architects, suppliers, and fellow employees
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively
- Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required. A Master of Engineering degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial work environment is preferred
- Must have experience with various types of mechanical equipment including pumps, piping, heat exchangers, boilers, tanks, pressure safety devices, etc.
The employee must exhibit the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. He or She must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. They must have the ability to effectively present information to customers, employees and management, and the candidate should heave the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office, specifically Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
A Professional Engineering license is required. Project Management Professional certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands regularly; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able and willing to travel as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may be required to visit the workplaces of clients. As such, the employee will be required to comply with the safety standards of each client, and understand the proper use of all required personal protection equipment (PPE).
We offer competitive salaries with the opportunity for additional work incentives. Employees get paid vacation time, paid holidays, and a paid insurance benefits package. We also offer a 401K with employee matching.