Senior Structural Engineer
Plans, designs, and oversees the design of industrial structures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete calculations and analysis for concrete foundations and steel structures
- Prepare preliminary drawings and details for construction documentation
- Assist with preparation of proposals, scopes of work, project schedules and budgets
- Communicate with clients to obtain information or resolve design issues
- Assist/coordinate with construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits, design revisions and management of change efforts
- Use computer design software and structural analysis software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Maintain effective communications and coordination between the company and other engineering disciplines to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Complete testing to meet quality assurance requirements of the design.
- Organize of work within project scopes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in structural or civil engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years structural engineering experience in the design of industrial structures (steel, concrete, masonry, and/or timber design).
- Must have familiarity with building design codes and standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fluency in AutoCAD.
- Revit experience is a plus.
- Experience with structural analysis software is required. RISA is preferred.
- Familiarity with building design codes and standards.
- Fluency in AutoCAD. REVIT experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- P.E. license or ability to obtain a P.E. license.
We offer competitive salaries with the opportunity for additional work incentives. Employees get paid vacation time, paid holidays, and a paid insurance benefits package. We also offer a 401K with employee matching.